cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tilman Rassy <ra...@math.TU-Berlin.DE>
Subject setup() called twice in one request
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:01:58 GMT
Hello,

we discovered that the setup() method of a custom generator is sometimes
called twice in one request.

We saw in the logs that the following methods were called in that order:
setup
getKey
getValidity
getValidity
setup

This does not always happen; in fact, it seem to happens only if the generator
is applied to a document that is an XSL stylesheet.

Is it normal that setup() is called more than once per request, or may it be a
bug?

Can the problem be related to the caching mechanism? (The custom generator is
cacheable; and between the two setup() calls the caching methods were called,
see above)

Our XSL stylesheets usually include other stylesheets. As far as I know, the
caching mechanism takes this into account. May the problem have something to
do with that?

We use Cocoon 2.1.3 and Tomcat 4.1.27 under Linux.

Thanks in advance,

Tilman Rassy