cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how can I build trunk?
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:21:50 GMT
* Daniel Fagerstrom:
> >2) I had the error with XSD schema
> >
> The cocoon-deployer and cocoon-plugins must be disabled in the top level POM, if you
refer to the problem that have
> been discussed earlier in this thread.

Someone commented out those two blocks, great.

> >3) Many POMs cannot be retrieved I have to restart build 20 times
> >
> The Apache local Maven repositories doesn't work that well, and generates intermitent
cannot connect errors, IIRC.
> The solutions for this is:
>
> 1. Help moving artifacts that we use from the Apache repository to the much better and
mirrored ibiblio repository,
> see http://maven.apache.org/project-faq.html.
> 2. Reduce the use of snapshot POMs. If you start building all of Cocoon from top level
rather than from a specific
> block, you will use your own snapshots of the needed block instead of those from the
snapshot repository. Especially
> if you change the top level POM or several blocks at once, this might be needed as the
snapshot in the repository
> doesn't contain your latest changes (not completely sure about what policy maven has
for downloading snapshots from
> the networked repositories rather than from your local).
> 3. Joining the infrastructure group and work for making the snapshot repository more
stable ;)

Don't know the best solution, I will think about it.

I added the cocoon-databases and cocoon-databases-mocks artifacts,
to try and build cocoon-xmldb successfully.

Here is my error:

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

required artifacts missing:   d-haven-managed-pool:d-haven-managed-pool:jar:1.0

for the artifact:   org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-databases:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-maven2 (http://cvs.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository),
  maven-snapshot (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/),
  apache-cvs (http://cvs.apache.org/repository)