cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using test classes in 2.1
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:51:10 GMT
* Jean-Baptiste Quenot:

> * Ralph Goers:
>
> > These classes are for unit testing.
>
> Exactly.  And  part of my  tests involve classes running  in the
> webapp.
>
> > Stuff that  goes in  the webapp is  in the  samples directory.
> > What are you wanting to do?
>
> I don't want  my unit tests to reside in  the samples directory,
> but  in  the  src/webapp/test-suite   which  seems  to  be  more
> appropriate.

To  followup on  this, I  think we  should write  our webapp-based
tests in src/webapp/test-suite instead of src/samples/test.

Currently, samples/test does not have Java classes.

I  intend to  modify the  build to  copy cocoon-testcase.jar  into
the  webapp,  so  that  the  test-suite can  use  the  classes  in
cocoon-testcase.jar.  Of  course test-suite can be  deactivated by
setting exclude.webapp-test-suite=true.

The  new  test classes  needed  for  my  caching test  suite  are:
IncrementGenerator,  IncrementTransformer,   ContextGenerator  and
ResetCounterAction.

Any comment?
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot