cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinhard_po...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: CForms slower with JXTemplateGenerator
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:56:28 GMT

--- Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@anyware-tech.com>
schrieb:

> * Sascha-Matthias Kulawik:
>
> > Usual  stuff, but  Cocoon runs  very slow  in this
>  environment,
> > especially CForms  and the newer JXTransformer.
> Tested  on Intel
> > Hardware or using Tomcat would solve the problem.
>
> Do you mean using CForms's jx-macros.xml with
> JXTemplateGenerator?
> I   also    noticed   that    it's   much   slower
>  than   using
> FormsTemplateTransformer.   But   Sylvain  told  me
> to   use  the
> JXTemplateGenerator from  Cocoon 2.2  (trunk) in
> Cocoon  2.1.  Has
> anyone tried that combination?

I did some tests about half a year ago with the
generator (+ macros) from the JXTemplate-block (2.2).
After fixing some problems with the help of Daniel and
Leszek it was as fast as (or even a bit faster) than
the FormsTransformer.

If the performance is bad in recent tests, it might be
a problem introduced in the meantime as the macros and
jxtemplate have been refactored and extended .

--
Reinhard