cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] Move to postion
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:49:02 GMT
El jue, 05-01-2006 a las 11:26 +0100, Sylvain Wallez escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to implement a row action "move-to-position".
> >
> > We have already move-up and move-down, but I would like to move the row
> > to an user specific position. You have an input box ("new-position") for
> > each row where you define the new position for the row.
> >

>  From a usability point of view, this looks a bit weird...
>
> And as we speak, I'm working on drag'n drop reordering of repeater rows.
> Using DnD in tables is quirky (I understand now why Dojo and
> Scriptaculous demos are all list-based) but I'm progressing.

:) jeje very nice. :)

Actually this would solve my usecase perfectly. My form is a nested
repeater. The user want to move the repeater rows to any given position
and not by clicking 20 times up. ;-)

When do you think it is ready to test. ;-)

> > I defined a new action "MoveToPositionDefinition{}" in the
> > RowActionDefinition based on "MoveUpDefinition{}" and my corresponding
> > form stuff.
> >
> > Now my question is the following:
> > What is the best way to get the value of the "new-position" box in the
> > definition?
> >

> I'm more and more thinking that a repeater needs to have child widgets
> that are not in rows,

Yes, I agree. In my use case I ended up to add tmp variable to the form
where it would have been easier to use child widgets directly.

> i.e. a repeater is a container for rows (which are
> themselves containers) _and_ other widgets, such as repeater actions.

+1

> Also, I think the selection must be a feature of the repeater, rather
> than through a boolean field that has to be manually added as of today.

+1 makes the template lot cleaner

> That would allow to define at the repeater level if selection is
> allowed, and if it single or multiple. Also that would allow to have
> repeater.getSelectedRows().
>
> WDYT?

Yeah, very nice.

Thanks Sylvain