cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Pietschmann" <dev.sen...@gmail.com>
Subject Access to the AuthenticationContext
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:24:10 GMT
I need to access the AuthenticationContext from a component. First things
first: I have it working, but I've got a question anyways:

First I tried two ways:

1.	Implement Serviceable and get the ServiceManager, then a) lookup the
ContextManager and b) lookup the SessionManager.

In short: it didn't work. Both were null and I couldn't get the Context that
way.

Then I found http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AuthFWWithFlow , which suggests
the following way:

ComponentManager componentManager =
CocoonComponentManager.getSitemapComponentManager();
SessionManager sessionManager =
(SessionManager)componentManager.lookup(SessionManager.ROLE);
String username = sessionManager.getContextFragment( "authentication",
"/authentication/ID").getFirstChild().getNodeValue();

This works nicely, however the javadoc inside CocoonComponentManager states:

"Cocoon Component Manager. This manager extends the
ExcaliburComponentManager by a special lifecycle handling for a
RequestLifecycleComponent and by handling the lookup of the SourceResolver.
WARNING: This is a "private" Cocoon core class - do NOT use this class
directly - and do not assume that a ComponentManager you get via the
compose() method is an instance of CocoonComponentManager."

So, am I supposed to use this or not? If not, what would be a better way?

Cheers,
Stefan