cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Roadmap, Vision and everything
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:52:19 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> What we definitly need is a list of what needs to be done for finishing
> the m2 move. If someone could come up with a list of bullet points, so
> everyone could help on this, I guess it should be really easy get finished.

IMO following points belong to the "m2 move".

- finalize block structure so we can start converting a few blocks in
the repo to this new structure
- block deployment mechanism
- write block descriptors
- tidy up poms for core and important blocks
- create assembly descriptor for minimal binary release
- repository reorganisation (largely independent of previous points)
- documentation
     + how to develop cocoon using maven
     + how to develop apps using maven and cocoon
     + document maven build and release procedures
- sign off repository usage of cvs.apache.org (will possible get hit by
a *large* number of downloads once we do a release) or move dependencies
to ibiblio
- release cocoon-core archetype (this involves fixing certain bugs in
the archetype plugin as it really prevents us from using it effectively)

That's all I can think of now. If we just want to get *something* out of
the door for people to play with then we definitely don't need all of this.

Jorg