cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: [RT][long] Cocoon 3.0: the necessary mutation
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 13:04:02 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> When we introduced flowscript, we decided that <map:pipeline> should be
> the central switchboard through which *all* request go,
<cut/>
> - the processing flow in a sitemap goes *first* in the controller if
> there is one, and *second* in the view. Going to a <map:pipeline> to
> call back a function should really be an exceptional case, or even
> forbidden.

Hmm... my favorite selling proposition about Cocoon is "look no further
than the sitemap to know which component answers an URI", and this
dynamic pipeline concept would shatter this.

Generally speaking, in the procedural vs. declarative debate I drifts
towards the latter. For example, I see the advantages in using something
like Spring Web Flow, not the least of them being the easy development
of tools (AndroMDA maybe ?).

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it