cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.x - Build and deployment with Maven2
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:15:00 GMT
Le 5 déc. 05, à 13:27, g[[R]]eK a écrit :
> ...Fulfillment of my
> dreams would be complete tutorial explaining how to play nice with
> C2.1.8, Eclipse 3.1 and Maven2 assuming reader's experience with Maven2
> is near zero :-)...

FWIW, I'd like to "port" the bricks-cms example app [1] to the Maven2
build of Cocoon 2.2, to show the differences (and many advantages) in
the build process that m2 introduces.

(I know you're talking of 2.1.x, this is a slightly different topic
then)

I don't have much time at the moment, but if someone who knows m2
better than me (it's easy - I know very little about it) would like to
get this started, feel free!

I think we must keep the existing bricks-cms as is as an example of
ant-based builds for 2.1.x, and create a separate Mavenized version -
it will be clearer than mixing up both things, and the
application-specific code is very small anyway, so duplication won't be
a problem.

-Bertrand

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/BricksCms