cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <m.pfingsth...@hippo.nl>
Subject repository block - RepositorySourceFactory
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:02:29 GMT
Dear All,

I thought it might be a good idea to make repository handling in cocoon a little easier. For
that, I would like to extend the Repository interface with a getSource(String uri, Map params)
method so that the RepositorySourceFactory could use it to get a source from a repository.
Right now RepositorySourceFactory doesn't do much else than wrapping another source in RepositorySource,
so something more useful might be nice.

It would be very useful to configure a repository location once and then call something like

repository:somename:/a/path/to/a/resource

or, with a default repository:

repository:/a/path/to/a/resource

and get the right credentials, protocol, base path, and such. That's what we do at Hippo (in
our own very homegrown kind of way) and it has been working very well.

The nice thing would be though that it would work for any Repository implementation afterwards
(even though there is only WebDAVRepository right now). Maybe the JCR stuff can be adapted
as well (a o.a.c.components.repository.Repository adaptor to javax.jcr.Repository).

WDYT?

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

Hippo