cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <>
Subject "Standalone" components?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:43:26 GMT

I've had a bit of trouble with components that are not referenced by others. I need to start
(i.e. service, configure, initialize, etc) a component once the container is started. Can
I do this somehow?
I noticed an attribute called "activation" (next to "logger") which can be set to "inline"
in cocoon.xconf, but that doesn't seem to work. Xdoclet tags for avalon like "
type=singleton" and things don't do it either (yes, I do extract the metadata in my build

My specific usecase is:
I have a component which is not really a service as other components don't depend on it. This
component subscribes itself as a listener of another component, and according to events acts
on yet another component. I want to use this to consume event messages (from the eventcache
block) and notify an object model, which is reachable through another component.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

Oosteinde 11