cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Pfingsthorn" <m.pfingsth...@hippo.nl>
Subject "Standalone" components?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:43:26 GMT
Hi!

I've had a bit of trouble with components that are not referenced by others. I need to start
(i.e. service, configure, initialize, etc) a component once the container is started. Can
I do this somehow?
I noticed an attribute called "activation" (next to "logger") which can be set to "inline"
in cocoon.xconf, but that doesn't seem to work. Xdoclet tags for avalon like "@x-avalon.lifestyle
type=singleton" and things don't do it either (yes, I do extract the metadata in my build
process).

My specific usecase is:
I have a component which is not really a service as other components don't depend on it. This
component subscribes itself as a listener of another component, and according to events acts
on yet another component. I want to use this to consume event messages (from the eventcache
block) and notify an object model, which is reachable through another component.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Max Pfingsthorn

Hippo