cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Jira: better use of the Priority field
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:43:43 GMT
On 22 Dec 2005, at 22:49, David Crossley wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> It's called "Urgency" and it's there now (2 minutes job) :-)
>
> Yeah, it is for someone who knows what they are up to.
> Thanks.
>
> However there is more to it. We need to redefine the
> instruction text for the existing Priority field.
> If no-one beats me to it, then i will try.

That's a system wide issue, I don't think it can be changed on a
project-by-project basis: I would have liked something like "Gravity"
and "Urgency" (or "Severity" and "Priority") but I didn't find a way
to play around with global pre-defined fields in Jira (only show or
hide them).

> And there are some procedural questions.
>
> For example, i presume that this Urgency field
> will be available to the person who enters the bug
> and that the committers will follow up and assign
> the project's actual Urgency.
>
> Alternatively it could be not available to the
> issue creation screen and is only something that
> people with Edit permissions can add.

For now it's available to anyone (in other words, no security
associated with it) but it can be restricted if you need to.

	Pier