cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r357004 - in /cocoon/blocks/forms/trunk/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/datatype/convertor: FormattingDateConvertor.java FormattingDateConvertorBuilder.java Icu4jDateConvertor.java Icu4jDateConvertorBuilder.java
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:57:46 GMT

Il giorno 19/dic/05, alle ore 13:43, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

> Do we really need yet another configuration option? I didn't knew
> about this date format's leniency, and IMO the date convertor
> shouldn't be lenient since "12-32-2005" is obviously an invalid
> input. So what about simply always set lenient to false?

The problem is that the default leniency for DateFormat is true, so
setting it to false would break backward compatibility (even if it's
admittedly improbable that someone would have relied on this
behavior). With my fix, we have one more option, but omitting it
gives exactly the same behavior as before.

All in all, I don't have a strong opinion on this, so we might do a
quick informal vote and let people decide.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/