cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Poll] We need to align on one point (was Re: [Vision] Knowing When We are Done)
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:47:23 GMT
Hi,

On 7 Dec 2005, at 23:26, Thomas Lutz wrote:

> Second argument: It was hard to explain, why I kicked struts out,
> and used cocoon instead. And it was even harder to explain that
> there is JavaScript in the server part. Managers who buy oracle
> don't like to hear things like this...

To provide a counterpoint to this - we spoke with one large
organisation that was really excited by being able to use JavaScript
rather than Java, since it lowered the barrier to entry for some of
their less-skilled developers and meant more people were able to work
on the project.

On 7 Dec 2005, at 14:23, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> What's your preference for the vision?

[ ] All web apps written in JavaScript
[ ] All web apps written in pure Java
[X] Mix and match (not as simple, but is status quo with today)

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/