cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Ajax Roadmap
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:56:21 GMT

On 13 Dec 2005, at 00:54, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Ralph

>>> I don't know :)
>>>
>>> Is there anything in the portal samples I can try this on?
>>>

>> I don't know. Carsten has been working on Ajax support.
> The ajax support in the portal is currently just for the portal itself
> (reloading of coplets etc.), but not for the portlets itself. (Yes,
> Ralf
> I'm mixing coplet and portlet again - like I did in the
> presentation :( )

The xslt : src/blocks/portal/samples/skins/basic/styles/forms-
styling.xsl loads the standard CForms XSLT, so this could work
straight off with the new Dojo libs.

Would you mind pointing out the other areas where Ajax or CForms is
used in the Portal?

> Now, we could integrate a cforms test tab in the portal. If someone
> could give me one or two urls for simple forms samples, I can
> integrate
> them into the portal and we can see what happens and what has to be
> done.

The 'Car Selector' is probably a good choice as it is a small screen
and has Ajax turned on.

Another good one may be the 'Registration' sample, again a small
form, no Ajax.

HTH

regards Jeremy