cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.x - Build and deployment with Maven2
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 13:55:10 GMT
Le 5 déc. 05, à 15:41, BURGHARD Éric a écrit :

> ...Now to put the cocoon2.1.x jar into the apache m2 repository, there
> is no
> need of mavenize the whole process of cocoon...

It's not *one* jar, an important feature of the bricks-cms build is
picking up required blocks, and compiling only those. Later, the build
applies the required *.x* patch files to the Cocoon configs, as is
currently required in 2.1.x. An alternate build must handle all of
this, in addition to compiling the app's code, of course.

Are you suggesting splitting the bricks-cms build in two?

1) First part compiles the required blocks and puts the corresponding
jars into an m2 repository

2) Second part uses m2 to compile bricks-cms against these blocks,
applies the xconf patches, etc.

If this is possible without completely mavenizing 2.1 it might be cool
- but I'm not sure if this is what you mean. But I think the problem
involves more than putting a cocoon 2.1.x jar in an m2 repository.

-Bertrand