cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1.7 hang
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:12:28 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> We tried to deploy an update to our product. Pretty much the only
> thing we did to Cocoon was to replace Xalan with XSLTC which produces
> a dramatic performance improvement.  However, Cocoon is not
> consistently hanging.  I tried to attach the thread dumps but they are
> too big. They also don't make any sense to me. I've reduced them down
> and pasted them below.  It shows many calls to XMLFileModule waiting
> for a lock. The thread that has the lock is waiting for
> ResourceLimitingPool to get a lock.

Don't know if there's a problem in ResourceLimitingPool, but looking at
your stacktrace and XMLFileModule, I suspect a potential deadlock when
one of the documents searched by XMLFileModule is "cocoon:" and that
module is used when doing some parallel CInclude.

The synchronized block in DocumentHelper.getDocument() can be way
smaller, and avoid the lock by _not_ resolving URIs in a synch'ed block.

Sylvain