cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Behaviour of LogKit
Date Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:01:04 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> It seems to me that the LogKit (precisely the rootLogger of it) gets
> it Priority setup much later in the initialization phase in 2.2 as it
> was in 2.1. Nobody else got bored about the flood of debugging
> messages at startup?

Oh yes! I tried to fix it by ensuring Cocoon uses the default hierarchy,
which is also used by commons-logging, but that didn't removed all the
flood.

> The cause is at line 413 in [1], #unsetPriority(...) method, where the
> default Priority is set to DEBUG.

Do you mean we should set the default priority to a higher level? Makes
sense, but AFAICS it's has been DEBUG for ages, and I don't understand
why there's no flood in 2.1...

Sylvain