cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMX integration
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:19:39 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>>>So long as the new dependency isn't one for the core, but can be
>>>contained in a block.
>

> No, this is why I'm seeking for suggestions. JMX support has to be
> implemented in the core (CoreComponentManager IIRC) and thus will
> introduce new dependencies.

I can't imagine a real good solution that is *not* in the core and I
think adding JMX support to the core makes more sense as this enables
JMX for everything, even for block management or whatever.
>From your description I got the impression that this is an optional
dependency, so we need it just for compilation, right? I see absolutely
no problem with this. If we block new great things just because they add
a new dependency we will never get any further.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/