cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Add form widgets
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:20:05 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I have been asked to look into how custom form widgets can be added.
> With the block structure in 2.2 this would imply that the widgets would
> need to be added to our own block.  How can we "append" to the widget
> definitions in cocoon-forms.xconf without touching that file since it
> will be internal to the forms block?

I think this is one of the fields where we have to learn more about the
possibilities that blocks will give us. So no, I don't thing that there is *the*
answer how this can be done. Same is true for the portal. (We had some very long
threads about this about 10 months ago, but without having something working to
experiment with it started to become very academic.)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc