cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r356791 - /cocoon/whiteboard/maven2/cocoon-flat-layout/trunk/cocoon-core/pom.xml
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:57:23 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>> Try and run the eclipse target as well and see how you find the eclipse
>> project structure (it's described in the readme).
> I don't use Eclipse. I ran the idea plugin and it did create a project,
> but it generated a single module project which was not what I expected.
>> You have some experience using maven1, maybe you could help out on the
>> assembly part ? It should be fairly straightforward to come up with a
>> descriptor, give or take a few bugs along the way. Basically the
>> assembly descriptor builds a full binary distribution of a project, you
>> just tell it which format and what should go in it.
> Are you talking about creating the pom.xml for each project or is this
> some other descriptor?

A pom.xml is required in every in any case. Probably we will need more at the
beginning (block.xml) as I don't see a useful way to get the deployment
information that is covered by block.xml into pom.xml. I know of the
"properties" part of poms but this scatters information across different locations.

I will get in contact with the Maven folks if there is a chance of adding a
property element to the dependency element as it was possible in Maven 1.x

I stop the discussion at this point as working code will make further
discussions less academic ;-)