cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r356791 - /cocoon/whiteboard/maven2/cocoon-flat-layout/trunk/cocoon-core/pom.xml
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:17:37 GMT

Jorg Heymans wrote:

>Try and run the eclipse target as well and see how you find the eclipse
>project structure (it's described in the readme).

I don't use Eclipse. I ran the idea plugin and it did create a project,
but it generated a single module project which was not what I expected.

>You have some experience using maven1, maybe you could help out on the
>assembly part ? It should be fairly straightforward to come up with a
>descriptor, give or take a few bugs along the way. Basically the
>assembly descriptor builds a full binary distribution of a project, you
>just tell it which format and what should go in it.

Are you talking about creating the pom.xml for each project or is this
some other descriptor?

>The repository won't contain any ready to mount webapps as such. That
>should go in the archetype really. I have the archetype working again
>locally, i'll go and commit this right now.

Aren't archetypes just templates? (from my minimal review of maven2).
What about the sample site? I would expect that to be a project somewhere.

>Regards,
>Jorg

Ralph