cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Ditching the environment abstraction
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:53:58 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> So my opinion about ditching our abstraction is that, as we say in
> France, it is urgent to wait. Along with the backwards compatibility
> problems that ditching the abstraction in 2.2 may lead to, we should see
> if that common abstraction comes to life and then consider using it.

I'd very much support an effort to improve/cleanup environment abstraction (as
was started with getParameters), and even more so if this abstraction is
commonly shared.

Removing abstraction simply means substituting our abstraction with Servlet
abstraction which does not look that attractive at all. Especially if
jakarta-commons & struts end up having much better, user friendly abstraction.

Vadim