cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Ditching the environment abstraction
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:12:51 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Which makes actually two different abstractions for the same purpose,
> and makes blocking the outputstream on our own abstraction useless, as
> people can access it anyway.
>
> It would be better IMO to have a single abstraction, but _control_ how
> the outputstream is used, e.g. by allowing it to be fetched only once.

My understanding (maybe incorrectly) is that pipelines can start writing
to the output stream and if an error occurs that stream can be abandoned
in favor of a new one containing the error response. How would you
propose that that be handled - acknowledging that you don't think that
they should be in 2.2?

Ralph