cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Ditching the environment abstraction
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:30:18 GMT

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> The servlet set of apis is allready an abstraction, we have due to
> historical circumstances another abstraction of the same concepts. To
> me the abstractions look fairly similar, except for the Cocoon
> aditions that have been mentioned. What am I missing more specifically?

What exactly are the sevlet apis an abstraction of?

> We could have compablity wrapper. Question is do we want to simplify
> or not?

What, exactly are we simplifying?  There is no way that we won't always
have a "real" HttpServletRequest.  AFAICS there is no way that we can
just use it.  So what would replace the existing Request object?  In
order to understand this I really need to know exactly what the new
object would be.

Ralph