cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 2.2 [was Re: [RT] Ditching the environment abstraction]
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:26:01 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> More seriously, it was an RT, I wanted to hear what people think and if
> there was any problems that I hadn't thought about. I will of course
> cast a vote before commiting anything. We could possibly provide some
> optional back compability mode that puts the environment abstraction
> objects in the object model.
>
> But I would suppose most users would be happy to get rid of this extra
> complication.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not absolutely against ditching the abstraction
(see my last mail in the thread), but I think from the response so far,
there is no big cheering group out there dancing around singing "yes,
that's exactly what we wanted for years". So I think, unless there are
really some more users saying, "yes, please, do that" we should simply
not do it.
For the versioning, we could for example release a 2.2 soon, change the
environment abstract after that and then release a 2.3 later this year.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/