cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: m2 build broken?
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:58:36 GMT
Jorg Heymans skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> The root of the problem lies somewhere in the current m2 poms from
> excalibur. These have been automatically converted from the m1
> project.xml files, so they are not using things like
> <scope>provided</scope> where they should. This problem became very
> apparent a while ago, when I noticed that for producing a minimal and
> working war file, the number of libs to exclude was almost bigger than
> the number of direct dependencies !
> So i started converting excalibur to use "real" m2 poms, this process is
> about 95% complete overall, and 100% as to what our dependencies are
> concerned. The converted artifacts use a different groupId structure,
> and can be found at [1].
>
> Left to be done :
> - officially "release" these poms to ibiblio, requires some infra stuff
> and coordination with the maven and excalibur people.
> - switch our core pom to use these poms instead (anyone up for this?) so
> for ourselves can do :
> - a round of testing and bugfixing ~ ensure correctly scoped
> dependencies in excalibur ~ fix and rerelease poms if necessary

I'll talk to Upayavira, and see if we can take care about it.

I saw that you had changed the Cocoon group id to org.apache.cocoon from
apache-cocoon in the main pom and the core pom but nowhere else. What is
your plane for this? Should we just start to change group id to
org.apache.cocoon in all poms?

/Daniel