cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: m2 build broken?
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:28:18 GMT
I think that the problems is that there was a 2.0.2 release of the
xml-apis by mistake, don't know the story behind it, but see It should
have been 1.0.b2.

Several poms at the official maven repository have dependencies of
2.0.2. This has been solved by leting the 2.0.2 pom redirect to 1.0.b2,
in the repository. Now some part of Cocoon core depends on DOM3 (IIRC),
that is part of xml-apis 1.3.02 (but not 1.0.b2).

Now there are both indirect dependencies to 2.0.2 and a direct
dependency on 1.3.02 in the Cocoon core pom. In this situation it seem
like the m2 engine chose to compile with the jar with the pom with the
highest version number, i.e. 2.0.2. As we saw above this is actually
older (1.0.b2 through redirection) than the version we need (1.3.02).

Possible solutions would be either ask the official maven repository to
redirect 2.0.2 to 1.3.02 instead or by tracking down all the indirect
dependencies in the cocoon core pom and adding exclusion clauses in our
poms. Considering the number of projects that depend on xml-apis and the
number of poms that we have it will not be fun. Other projects are
probably going to get the same problems, so we should fix the problem at
its root IMO.

A strange thing that I don't understand, is that it compiled for me on
my new computer where everything was installed, checked out etc this

Upayavira skrev:
> I've just done a fresh build of trunk using m2, which failed somehow
> because of problems with xml-apis, saying something like:
>   "This artifact has been relocated to xml-apis:xml-apis:1.0.b2."
> And I also found references to it trying to get it from a URL at:
> that didn't exist.
> Any ideas? Does it work for other people?
> Regards, Upayavira

View raw message