cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From dave- <da...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [Vision] Knowing When We are Done
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 06:12:42 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> In all the talks of redesign or not, there has been a recurring
> question as to the vision.  Sylvain has outlined some things that he
> would like to see, but they really don't constitute a vision.  They
> are a nice list of improvements, but they aren't a vision.  In my
> experience the best visions really don't have to do with features and
> improvements, but with what we expect to be able to do with Cocoon.
> We need to be able to put our vision statement in one or two
> paragraphs, and it needs to convey a little more than technology.
> Visions contain emotional content as well.

As a first vision, I would like to see cocoon accessible to less
technical people.  This could be done with elegant simplicity and a
graphical interface.  Here is a good web 2.0 example
http://www.activegrid.com/what/applicationbuilder.php.

As a second vision, artifacts created by the graphical interface along
with any written code could become the model from which alternative
implementation systems might be generated.  For example, a model POJO
could be implementationally persisted in various ways.   dave-