cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vision] Knowing When We are Done
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:18:29 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Now I'd better stop before I start convincing myself that people will
>> find all 600 pages of my PhD interesting ;-)
>

> Any pointer for those that might be interested?

This research is fairly old now (6 years), and things have moved on a
little, although mostly in the wrong direction, as observed by others
here (i.e. lets make highly configurable components and we'll never have
to write code again).

I have a couple of papers that might serve as a useful introduction:

One covers the use of the XML Pipeline languages to define application
templates [1], the other [2] introduces the design methodology that
guides the selection of and development of components. This is probably
way off topic from the perspective of Cocoon design discussion, but may
be interesting nevertheless.

I have much more detail in my thesis if anyone is interested in the
really detailed stuff.

Ross

[1]
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cache/papers/cs/26837/http:zSzzSzwww.netobjectdays.orgzSznode02zSzdezSzConfzSzpublishzSz..zSz..zSz..zSz..zSzpdfzSz02zSzpaperszSznodezSz0110.pdf/supporting-component-based-software.pdf

[2] I can't reproduce this one, but I will send you a copy of the
presentation slides and notes offlist (others should ask if they want it)