cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Poll] We need to align on one point (was Re: [Vision] Knowing When We are Done)
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 15:42:06 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> None of these.  I have a vision where the business services are
>> implemented in Java, the web application is defined in a stateful
>> flow controller (xml config) and the views are generated using
>> pipelines with standard components.  So my answer is - No programming
>> language on the server, just configuration.
>

> Shudder.
>
> That could be a nice add on to Cocoon.  Perhaps a BPL (Business
> Process Language, an XML standard for what you are talking about)
> application.
>
> I would argue that what you are talking about is a domain specific
> language in the guise of configuration (just like your hibernate
> descriptors and ant scripts).

I'm just talking about using Spring Webflow being called from a JavaFlow
class.  For my employer I have already written a generic (Cocoon) action
that can call any business service that is configured, as long as the
business service follows some simple rules about its input and output.
Converting that to a Webflow action shouldn't be too much trouble.

Ralph