cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [Poll] We need to align on one point (was Re: [Vision] Knowing When We are Done)
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:48:13 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> None of these.  I have a vision where the business services are
> implemented in Java, the web application is defined in a stateful flow
> controller (xml config) and the views are generated using pipelines
> with standard components.  So my answer is - No programming language
> on the server, just configuration.

Shudder.

That could be a nice add on to Cocoon.  Perhaps a BPL (Business Process
Language, an XML standard for what you are talking about) application.

I would argue that what you are talking about is a domain specific
language in the guise of configuration (just like your hibernate
descriptors and ant scripts).