cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <>
Subject Re: An entirely new beast
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:36:54 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>So, what I'd propose is we choose another name, and consider it to be a
>new subproject of Cocoon. A "new, exciting web development framework
>from the people that brought you Apache Cocoon".
Right, let us stay above the boring tech talk and focus on finding a new
name that symbolizes in an accurate and yet engaging way our common,
deeply felt need for moving beyond the current frustration, towards a
new, different, bright and sexy future.

>And, the existing Cocoon carries on as long as people want and need it.
>Maybe 3.0 could still be the OSGi version. It may well still bring huge
>benefits to those using the current generation of Cocoon.
Great, why choose between focusing on 2.1.x, 2.2, our previous idea
about 3.0 and the new vision. Lets just have it all.

>(P.S. If people do agree, I'd say please refrain from providing possible
>names at the moment. We can discuss that later. For now, let's see if
>people agree with what I am suggesting).
I agree, still I can't refrain from suggesting Cocoon Raba Hiff,, as a hommage to a
great predecesor.

Let us together strive for maximizing the dev-list/cvs-list volume ratio.

[I'm deeply sorry, the voices in my head took control over my writing
for a short while]

View raw message