cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] The next shiny thing?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:14:07 GMT
Romano Trampus wrote:

>Sorry, I read "spots" of this list and  somebody could have written the
>same:
>
>I think the cocoon package is too big. I would prefer a core and a lot of
>plugins, not in the same distribution. I think the cocoon package is great
>but confusing. With plugins you have not to care that anything must have the
>same maturity level. And if I need a plugin I have only to download that,
>just as I do that with eclipse.

That exactly is the point with the block architecture, that will be part
of 2.2. In the next step the blocks will be OSGi bundles exactly as the
Eclipse pluggins, and they will be deployable within Eclipse as any
other pluggin, this will make a whole new level of tool support for
Cocoon possible.

/Daniel