cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] The next shiny thing?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:25:12 GMT
To me:

* throwing away the collected work of the community
* building something rather different
* throwing away a strong brand
* leave all the users who has put a trust in us behind

seem like a rather strange way of "saving" Cocoon.

I will continue to be proud of our brand, our product and our community.
And I will continue the work on *Cocoon* towards the future in an
evolutionary way, so that those who have put their trust in us have a
reasonable migration path to follow.

IMO the most important step towards getting an uppwards spiral again is
by regaining our and our communities faith in Cocoon, by keeping our
promisses and do a 2.2 release. Instead of running like lemmlings
towards the next shiny thing.

We should focus on our core offerning and getting the parts of it
reusable outside Cocoon and of high quality, following the path outlined
by Marc.

For you attention seekers out there, OSGi based blocks will draw a lot
of attention towards Cocoon, and it is innovation, not immitation.

/Daniel