cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: [RT] The next shiny thing?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:47:30 GMT

Peter Hunsberger wrote:

>I think it makes some sense to start talking about what a 3.0 might
>look like. Two main reason for that:
>First, it is good to always have a long term architectural direction
>in front of you.  It is one of the ways to help keep the community
>focused on what they are doing now and where they want to go in thhe
>Second, it helps truly indicate that the 2.1 branch is really moving
>into maintenance mode.
Well, in principal I would agree with you except for two things.
1. 2.1 will move into maintenance mode only when a 2.2 is released.
Talking about 3.0 won't make that happen.
2. This community has had a terrible problem moving forward over the
last 2 years. While I generally agree that the items mentioned for 3.0
are a good thing, my fear as that folks will start jumping on those and
never finish polishing up a 2.2 release.

View raw message