cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "g[R]eK" <g...@bluebottle.com>
Subject Cocoon 2.1.x - Build and deployment with Maven2
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:27:51 GMT
BURGHARD Éric napisał(a):
> <snip/>
> Since a few week i'm just about to see the end of the tunnel thanks to maven
> 2 and its archetypes, and i'm full of hope again because it's simple and
> clear. My application is now constructed by maven, all the jar, ant, jelly,
> tools disappear from my repository. It just a lot easier to synchonise my
> app my a new cocoon snapshot.
>
> It took me only a few days to understand the process and even contribute to
> maven. Just to tell you that i felt very far away from the vertical
> learning slope of cocoon. I'm quite fed up with cocoon and it's complexity,
> and a few people in my team already drop it. It's just sad because
> everybody gave a lot of time on this.
>
> <snip/>
Can you wikify your experience somewhere, please? Fulfillment of my
dreams would be complete tutorial explaining how to play nice with
C2.1.8, Eclipse 3.1 and Maven2 assuming reader's experience with Maven2
is near zero :-)
However, any snatch of information also would be appreciated more than a
call for developers to do so as their heads seem to be full of different
dreams...
I think it would be helpful for more poor users than just me, I can ask
for declaration of interest on users@c.a.o if you wish.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski (aka g[R]eK)