cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 vs 3.0, or 2.2 then 3.0?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:32:03 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

<snip/>
> So, no-one is offending anyone else by suggesting 3.0. Anyone shouting
> about 3.0 also likely needs 2.2 for their businesses to continue to
> function in the time until someone actually implements 3.0, and probably
> for some significant time after.

Exactly. And for the old-timers that remember the 1.x -> 2.0 transition,
it didn't happened overnight. Development of 2.0 started around January
2000 (I wasn't there), and several 1.x revision were released until 2.0
final came out in november 2001.

We're about to enter the exact same process.

Sylvain