cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 - Build and deployment with Maven2
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:52:25 GMT
Great guys, let us go back to work again :)

Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>                                       - o -
>>
>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>> |          Build and deployment from a Cocoon user's POV            |
>> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>

>> ROOT
>>  +-- block.xml
>>  +-- pom.xml
>>  +-- src
>>      +-- main
>>      |   +-- java
>>      |       +-- myApp
>>      |           +-- MyJavaFlowController.java
>>      |   +-- webapp
>>      |       +-- sitemap.xmap
>>      |       +-- hello.xml
>>      +-- test
>>

>> Note that this follows the standard M2 project structure which makes
>> the M2 life much easier as it saves you configuration time (greetings
>> from RoR).
>
> yes. Include also src/main/resources , contents here gets
> automatically added to the classpath as well.

Yes follow M2 conventions as long as possible.

What do you think about moving block dependecy handling from block.xml
to pom.xml? It means reduced flexibilty as block dependencies becomes
direct instead of indirect as in the current schema. OTH it reduce
complexity and fullfills our current use cases. If we need indirect
dependencies we can add it later. There would be a need to give the
dependencies POM unique ids that can be used in the block protocol and
we also need a way to be able to mark a dependency as "extension", any
idea if this would be possible?

>> The next step is adding your block to Cocoon application server by
>>
>> mvn cocoon:deploy
>>  -Dserver=/home/rpoetz/cocoon2.2
>>  -Dmount-point=/myBlock
>>

> at a later stage we could also provide
>
> mvn cocoon:deploy
>   -Dserver=/home/rpoetz/cocoon2.2
>   -Dmount-point=/myBlock
>   -DartifactId=myblock
>   -DgroupId=org.apache.cocoon.blocks
>   -Dversion=1.0beta
>
> which would just fetch the block and install it.
>
>> This will add an entry to the wiring.xml and will resolve all block
>> dependencies by putting them into the "<connections>" part.

Hmm, while that would be nice at some point I think that it currently
would be enough to have a block aware variant of the war pluggin. That
fetch and install all needed blocks in the webapp one i developing.
Maybe wiring.xml could even be expressed as a POM for this pluggin?

/Daniel