cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT][long] Cocoon 3.0: the necessary mutation
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:14:08 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hmm, and why not having a graphical pipeline builder on top? I've
> recently seen some vendor products doing exactly that - they are not
> using Cocoon underneath, but have a similar product and really nice tools.

Just forgot to add: the nice drag and drop tool to develop something is
not the key here. The added functionality, like debugging, setting
breakpoints in the pipeline, reporting etc. make you very productive.

Now if you compare our sitemap with BPEL then you see that noone really
writes BPEL by hand - it's a nightmare without a tool - in this respect
our sitemap language is much better :) But the tools provide you
enhanced functionality.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/