cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Lutz <mat...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: [RT][long] Cocoon 3.0: the necessary mutation
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:27:24 GMT
Irv Salisbury wrote:

<snip />
> 1. CForms - Our recent app has about 175 CForms.  Each of the binding,
> definition, and template files were cocoon: URLs.  For doing simple
> forms, having to write 3 files was a real pain and very time
> consuming.  So, we started building our own meta file that contained
> enough information to generate all 3 files necessary on the fly.  I am
> sure others have done so as well.  It seems like for the simple cases
> (or even the medium cases) we should be able to get away with 1 or
> even 2 files that should have to be written.  CForms is great, and
> making this easier to work with would be great.
So did I, basically it's just three pipelines testing wether a
"customized" file with binding/definition/template exists, and if not
generating them from a metadata xml with three xslt's...
Supplying such a basic "autogeneration" would be ok, but I think it's
important to keep the clean separation, as this is a very important
CForm feature.

I am not sure if I find enough time before christmas, but I was thinking
of providing a patch with three stylesheets, hibernate definition file
to CForm binding/template/definition... as this would be a starting
point for some sort of RoR like code generation tools, too.

<snip />

To answer the rest of your mail, Sylvain, I'll have to re-read and think
:-)... this will take some time...

regards,
tom