cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Portal] Why copletdata aren't user/role profiled ?
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 03:52:12 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> I went and glanced at GroupBasedProfileManager.  That is a new class
> Carsten wrote for 2.1.8 and it behaves a little differently then the old
> profile manager. However, it is still using the pipeline to load the
> CopletData and CopletBaseData. It checks the validity and if it is
> cached it will use the cached version.  So if your pipeline causes
> different cache keys to be used for different roles than this should
> work, as far as I can tell. (See method getGlobalDatas()).

Yepp :)

Now, actually I think it makes sense that coplet data and base data are
global. But it'S true that a support for roles/groups etc. is missing a
little bit. I don'T have access to the code right now and I fear I'll be
offline for the next two weeks again, but I think that you can add role
information to a coplet data. By this you define for which roles the
coplet data should be available. Now, when you create instances for a
user you simply check if the user has the role defined in the coplet data.

HTH
Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/