cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Portal] Why copletdata aren't user/role profiled ?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:52:16 GMT
CopletData is just the basic definition of a coplet.  It is just a basic
shell for a coplet so it wouldn't really make sense to have it be
role/user based.  And yes, this is the same for 2.2.  The way I have
also understood this to work is that for personalization the user picks
fom the available coplet instances and modifies his layout.

However, I don't believe these aren't really "global". When you look at
the portal configuration you will notice that the copletbasedata,
copletdata, copletinstancedata and layouts are all retrieved via
pipelines.  You should be able to make these pipelines behave
differently for different users.

HTH,
Ralph