cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Docs] Articles on Cocoon - reminder
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:40:31 GMT
Le 29 nov. 05, à 11:28, hepabolu a écrit :

> ...1. Introductory article.
>    - what is Cocoon
>    - purpose of the series
>
> Bertrand, could you write this one? Maybe refer to your "bricks" app
> to explain some "Cocoon terminology" like pipelines etc. I could chip
> in for the "purpose" part...

Sounds good, I should be able to do that for mid-January.

> ...Please let me know if you are willing to write the article and have
> it done by mid January.
> I'll see if I can get them published on xml.com when they start coming
> in...

I don't know if any magazine will commit to publishing a series of
articles without being familiar with most of us as writers. So maybe it
would be good to contact them early, and see what they think, in order
to put our efforts where it's most needed?

Like Gianugo, I think we must keep the articles private if they're
meant to be published by an online magazine, but OTOH it's good to have
some form of community review.

Maybe we could use the private committer's SVN area to coordinate and
review stuff once we start writing, not to hide it from our "public"
community but to respect the (assumed) magazine's desire for keeping
things private before publication.

Having a series of articles written by members of the Cocoon community
sounds way cool, thanks for your reminder!

-Bertrand