cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira: better use of the Priority field
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:20:13 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Each block is a component in JIRA and I can get a summary of all open
> issues for a component. Hmm, I think that I don't understand completly the
> problem that you want to solve ...

Basically that it is difficult for people to get an idea
of which are the urgent issues to be solved for a release.
If they have some time, what should they solve next.

Looking at the reports from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON
We have "Open Issues : By Priority" but that is
actually "perceived severity".

Looking at the FOR tracker is even worse. There are some
issues listed as Blocker on that front-page listing and
on our Roadmap, but they are only blockers for that
particular plugin/Component.

I want to add an extra field "fix-priority" to our
issue entry/edit screens in Jira.

Then we can create a report of "Open issues : By fix-priority".

-David