cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Quenot <>
Subject Re: rejuvenating the webdav block
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:17:27 GMT
* Max Pfingsthorn:

> - Currently,  there is  no way  to access  older revisions  of a
> source, you have to guess

In the  WebDAV jargon, this  is the  REPORT method.  Maybe  we can
call that getRevisionHistory() to be protocol-independant?

> So,  seeing the  current  shortcomings and  inadequacies of  the
> VersionableSource interface  and seeing that SlideSource  is the
> only implementing class, I would propose the following:

Yes, looks like VersionableSource is missing some methods.

> On another note: I  need the eventcaching block  for webdav, but
> that  one only  needs jms  in one  class, and  databases in  the
> samples. So, I'll work on the  dependency issue there instead of
> in the webdav block directly.

Did you find  out why the eventcache block is  needed?  And BTW is
it  really  useful to  have  3  different blocks:  webdav,  slide,
repository?   And  there's also  the  jcr  block, which  has  very
similar features.

I  didn't notice  the SlideSource,  don't really  know why  we use
WebDAVSource instead of SlideSource in our project.  Maybe because
SlideSource has nothing to do with WebDAV, it only handles a local
repository?   Anyway we  had to  hack WebDAVSource  to access  the
revision history by using reportMethod().

Jean-Baptiste Quenot
Systèmes d'Information
Tel : +33 (0)5 61 00 52 90
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46