cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinhard_po...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [RT] The next shiny thing?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 07:53:19 GMT

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/test/g1/792.html
> (BTW, how do
> >>we create a new book in Daisy?)
> >>
> >>I started to draft here what the next-generation
> Cocoon should be. I
> >>dubbed it "Racoon" (with Andrew's permission) as I
> really think that
> >>from a marketing point of view, a new name should
> be used so that people
> >>don't see it as a publication engine, as too many
> people still see Cocoon.
> >

> > Please don't. Cocoon is the name.
> >

> +1, same opinion here
> the brand is strong enough, and can cope with major
> release numbers that
> indicate we had serious new insights

I don't think we should give it a release number
*now*. We don't know much about what this new Cocoon
will be, when it will be released and we don't know if
we really have to start from scratch. I think we
underestimate the impact of getting blocks and with
them cleaner contracts how to extend Cocoon very soon
and maybe we can go a more evolutionary path than most
of us think.

--
Reinhard