cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: CForms widget ID naming (was Re: [Vote] Releasing on friday)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:11:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain <at>> writes:

> Now the question is: do you find the \3A quirk to be a blocking issue?
> It seems to me that more often inputs in a form will be styled using
> classes, so as all inputs share the same styling rule. Also, a way to
> avoid the quirk is to use the ancestor selector, which works in all
> tested browsers:
>   #datasource\.SQL\.login input { background: #FF0000 }

Sorry to go back to the origin of this discussion, but wouldn't it then be
better to generate an id for the ajax wrapper element instead of the input
element? Nobody cares about the wrapper element, but nearly everybody about the
styling of the form and so the inputs. So giving them the id they have in the
form definition seems to be more than obvious.

View raw message