cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: [RT] A Cocoon installer with IzPack
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:58:34 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

>>What about using it to build a neat installer for Cocoon?
>
> Could it handle the dependency resolution bit? That's the callenging bit.

We should keep installation and deployment separate.

I have nothing against tools that unpack and install core cocoon into a
specified dir, maybe even add desktop shortcuts for starting/stopping
etc. Deployment however should be handled in a different tool, separate
from the installer.

I expect maven to handle most of the tricky stuff like the dependency
resolution, we should just hand it a pom and off it goes.

Jorg