cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans>
Subject Re: [M10N] fixing repo for cocoon
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:07:12 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> The xmlutil have an enourmous amount of dependencies, any ideas why it
>> use both saxon and saxon7 and even saxon7-sql?
> xmlutil provides avalon components (api) such as xpath *and* several
> implementations of those apis based on different libraries: saxon6/7,
> jaxen, etc.
> saxon6 and saxon7 has different api, hence excalibur has 2
> implementations: one for users of saxon6 and another for saxon7.

the fact that it depends on 2 saxons is a pain :) you can't have 2
dependencies with the same group and artifactid - even though they have
different versions. That's why we have "saxon" and "saxon7".

I've brought most of excalibur-trunk under maven2 control yesterday, we
will now finetune the poms and release them to ibiblio. This saves us
from needing to exclude 15 libs for each avalon dependency.

View raw message